As a family run firm, at Peter Heron, we’ve always prided ourselves on being Tried.Trusted.Recommended. This is reflected in our open and transparent tenant fees
The Permitted Payments are:
- A refundable Tenancy Deposit (capped at five weeks rent) This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
- A refundable Holding Deposit to reserve a property (capped at one week’s rent). This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to- Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing)
- Novation, Variation of Assignment of Contract capped at up to £50 including VAT (or agents reasonable cost incurred if higher.
- Surrender of Tenancy (covering the landlord’s costs in reletting the property, all rent outstanding until a new tenant is found (up to the maximum outstanding rent on the tenancy).
- Default Fees (lost keys or other respective security devices; late rent payment after 14 days rent was overdue capped at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate (currently at 0.75%). Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears. Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant.
- Utilities (water, gas or other fuel, electricity, sewerage); Communication Services (phones other than mobile phones, Internet, Satellite television); Council Tax; Green Deal charge (or any subsequent energy efficiency scheme).
Please feel free to give us a call on 0191 510 6114 if you have any questions regarding our Tenant Fees.